Wednesday, June 28, 2006

What is Desire?

According to Webster, "DESIRE is having a strong longing for". Below are quotes from different famous people about Desire.


(1) The wise man will love; all others will desire. ~Afranius


(2) One must not lose desires. They are mighty stimulants to creativeness, to love, and to long life. ~Alexander A. Bogomoletz


(3) If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake everything on obtaining it. ~Brendan Francis


(4) One must desire something to be alive. ~Margaret Deland


(5) Desire is the root of all evil. ~Dahli Lama


According to you, how do you define Desire? Which of the ones listed above do you strongly agree with or strongly disagree with and why.


Something to ponder about...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Desire. The word itself is stimulating! I love quotes, so this was a fun post for me to read. Now, the last quote... OK, I respect and admire the Dalai Lama, but I have to tell you - this quote and the previous one of his that you shared with me - I'm not agreeing! Desire is far from being the root of all evil! I desire many things that are in no way evil. Desire is motivating. It all depends on what we desire... =)

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

Being the creative person that I am, I like #2 and #4 myself. I feel, therefore, I desire!