Sunday, July 02, 2006

"The Lake House"

Starring Sandra Bullock and my man, Keanu Reeves. Setting: Chicago!

Have you seen it? I'd like to know what you think of the movie. The story. Sort of confusing, but I'm a sucker for love stories and going back in time sort of thing, so I liked it. Will definitely want to see it again. Saw it with my best buddy Norma Jean. :)

And I want to read that book, "Persuasion by Jane Austen". Let's do it and watch my upcoming post on this so we can review it. Stay tuned!

As I said the setting of the movie, "Chicago" my kind of town! I love the city. It's like visiting an old friend. Lots of changes, but the heart of it all, will stay the same. No matter what you build on it, no matter how you paint it, it's still the same. There's no denying it. You may say otherwise, but it's still Chicago. It brings me back to November 2005, when my girlfriends and I went and stayed at the Westin. The view of the Chicago river from our hotel window was outstanding. It was mesmerizing. I remember sitting on a chair looking out the window at way past three or was it four in the morning? Here I am deep in thoughts...wondering what life would be like in the city....of the possibilities, the dreams, the wishes, aahh, nothing but just a fantasy...a memory. Well, it was all good while it lasted....here's to good friends and many-happiness....always at the helm of my being!

As for Norma Jean, "See you soon!"

Now back to the movie, go see it and tell me what you think!

Have a HAPPY 4th!!!

2 comments:

Rene said...

Loved it! Want to see it again so I can pick out more of the foreshadowing moments and other little fun stuff. I still giggle at the thought of the mailbox "flag" going up and down. =)

Can't wait to pick up a copy of Persuasion and have a little "book club" with you!!! When are you going shopping for it?

~ Jocelyn Wilhelm ~ said...

As soon as I have time.....hopefully, next week/end. I'd love to read it soon. But have some painting and scrapping to do! xox