Saturday, July 01, 2006

A rare beauty in the north...

Ok, so by the end of the day, I'm all ready for an escape. I love watching movies/videos because it feels like I've just taken a mini-vacation. Last night I watched "The House of Flying Daggers". GREAT movie! A must-see. If you haven't seen it, go rent the video. What a nice love story. Ohhh, and the cinematography, A.W.E.S.O.M.E! Love the colors, if I can just put that in a scrapbook....

I also love great poems and song lyrics. Here's a couple of the songs they used in the movie. Tell me if you like it!

***
A RARE BEAUTY IN THE NORTH
A rare beauty in the North...
She's the finest lady on earth
A glance from her, the city falls
A second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins
There is no city or nation that has been
More cherished than a beauty like this


LOVERS
There was a field in my old town
Where we always played hand in hand
The wind was gently touching the grass
We were so young, so fearless

Then I dreamt o'er and over
Of you holding me tight under the stars
I made a promise to my dear lord
I will love you forever

Time has passed
So much has changed
But the field remains in my heart
Oh, where are you?
I need to tell you I still love you
So I reach out for you
You fly around me like a butterfly
Your voice still echoes in my heart
You are my true love

There was a field in my old town
Where in spring all flowers blossomed wide
We were chasing butterflies
Hand in hand 'til close of day
Your voice still echoes in my heart

***

Now tell me that wasn't sweet?!

Well, that was my mini vacation, my mini-happiness....the "Wind".

Enjoy

No comments: