Monday, September 11, 2006

STM Challenge - 5 Years Ago Today

5 Years Ago

I still remember like it was just yesterday.

I dropped my daughter off to school, came home and saw it on TV.
I wanted to go back and get her from school.
I called my husband at the office.
I wanted him home too.
I want my family here with me.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
I didn't know if there were more.
I was sad for all those people that have lost a loved one, or two, or three or four.

This morning I came downstairs.
The TV was on of people reminiscing of how it was like 5 years ago.

I'm still sad about what happened.
Hearing them talk about who they lost.
It doesn't matter when.
The pain is still the same.
Today.
Or even 5 years ago.

4 comments:

DivaMom96 said...

Girl, that sounds like deja vu! I remember that day as well as the birth of my first child.

It's hard to write about it - but I think you are right. It does help!

God Bless America!

Nancywithajones said...

IT seems the thing I hear most from everyone and television is that they wanted their family close by. Ya know so much goes on and we slave at work but when something big happens we always want our family close by and around us. What a huge thing for us all to embrace and not let a moment pass without telling our loved ones how much we love them! ((((( big hugs to you))))))) my friend!!!

Anne Magee said...

Yep... I think each memory of that day are forever burned into my memory. And this anniversary was more difficult for me than any previously...

Elizabeth said...

I think it will forever be etched on all of our memories. It is sad isn't it.